Call Now For A Free Consultation 808-600-3514

Protecting The Legal Interests Of Injured Hawaii Residents And Visitors Since 1973

Injured In A Drunk Driving Accident? We Can Help You.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a drunk driving accident in Hawaii, you have legal options. Drunk driving cases involve more than just a drunk driver — where the drinking took place, who provided the alcohol, whether the driver was of legal age and other factors may be involved. At the law firm of Cronin, Fried, Sekiya, Kekina & Fairbanks, we are experienced in dealing with serious injuries following a DUI/DWI accident.

Helping You Seek Compensation After A Drunk Driving Accident

An individual who is injured by a drunk driver can seek compensation to cover accident-related expenses such as:

  • Medical bills
  • Rehabilitative costs
  • Pain and suffering
  • Lost wages

The person who was drinking and driving will likely be criminally prosecuted for DUI/DWI. In addition to compensatory damages, the accident victim may be awarded punitive damages. This compensation is intended to punish the individual who was drinking and driving.

Dram Shop (Liquor Liability) Laws In Hawaii

The person who decided to drink and drive is ultimately responsible for his or her actions. However, a business that serves liquor such as a bar, restaurant or nightclub may be liable if it serves alcohol to an intoxicated driver.

This office established Hawaii’s dram shop law in a case where a man was killed by a drunk driver who was served too many drinks at a bar. We also established the law that employers that serve too much alcohol to employees are responsible for resulting drunk driving injuries. Our law firm can help determine if a bar, restaurant or hotel may be partially responsible for causing the car accident. If so, we can guide you in taking appropriate legal action.

Contact Us For Help Today

To schedule a free initial consultation to talk about your drunk driving accident, contact a personal injury attorney today by sending us an email or calling us at 808-524-1433 or toll free at 800-227-8601.