Assisting Those Injured In Hawaii With Motor Vehicle Accident Claims
Have you been injured in a motor vehicle accident on Oahu or a neighboring island? Did someone stop suddenly in front of you on the highway to look at something, causing a multicar crash? Was a road construction project inadequately marked, leading you to take a nasty spill on your motorcycle? Were you simply in the wrong place at the wrong time while vacationing?
Traffic in Hawaii can be bad whether you are downtown, commuting to or from work, heading to the North Shore to watch the surfers or just seeing the sights. Honolulu has been ranked as having some of the worst traffic among major American cities, making it a hazardous place for visitors to drive. Sadly, automobile accidents are far too common in the Aloha State. If you have suffered an injury due to another’s negligence or mistake, seek the help of an experienced personal injury attorney.
Skilled Legal Assistance For Car Accident Victims In Hawaii
Experienced, accomplished lawyers at Cronin, Fried, Sekiya, Kekina & Fairbanks, a prominent personal injury law firm in Hawaii, have represented hundreds of victims of auto accidents throughout the state as well as in other parts of the world.
Helping Individuals And Families Recover What They Have Lost
At the Honolulu law offices of Cronin, Fried, Sekiya, Kekina & Fairbanks, our lawyers have been helping accident victims recover compensation for what they have lost since 1973. As Hawaii’s premier personal injury law firm, we have represented hundreds of accident victims, guiding our clients to successful outcomes through the claims process, negotiation, mediation, arbitration and trial. We can help you no matter what type of vehicle you were in, including:
- Cars, limousines, SUVs and trucks
- Public transportation and tour buses
- Motorcycles, mopeds, bicycles and scooters
You may be entitled to compensation such as reimbursement of your medical expenses and lost wages in addition to payment for continued medical care, disability, loss of future income, pain and suffering and emotional distress.
Handling All Types Of Car Accidents
We handle auto accident cases involving catastrophic injuries, including head injury, spinal cord injury with resulting paralysis, amputation, loss of an eye or the death of a driver, passenger, pedestrian or bicyclist.
Our law firm confidently and compassionately guides victims and their families through all the phases and stages of automobile accident cases, including:
- All stages of the claims process
- Coordination of payment of medical expenses
- Recovery of insurance benefits
- Prosecution of legal action against any party that contributed to the injury
Holding Negligent Drivers Responsible In Car Accidents
Identifying any and all sources of liability is a large part of what we do when we help motor vehicle accident victims. Responsible parties may include:
- Reckless drivers who ran a red light or stop sign, changed lanes without signaling, failed to yield the right of way, or drove inattentively while talking or texting on cellphones or other unsafe actions.
- Bars, restaurants, hotels and other liquor establishments that served or sold alcohol to patrons who were already intoxicated or underage.
- Businesses whose workers drive cars, trucks or buses as part of their work.
- Employers that provided alcohol at company events and failed to provide rides home or other controls designed to prevent drinking and driving by employees.
- Insurance companies liable for damages after a covered accidents.
- Drunk and drugged driving
Often, Cronin, Fried, Sekiya, Kekina & Fairbanks handles car accident cases that go on to appeals. As a result, we have effectively expanded the law in Hawaii to protect innocent people injured in auto accidents.
Common Injuries After A Motor Vehicle Accident
Auto accidents in Hawaii often lead to injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
However, despite how difficult and painful your injuries are, you do not have to face this on your own. You can get skilled, experienced legal help to pursue the compensation you deserve.
What Should I Do After An Accident?
There are a few steps that everyone should try to follow after a car accident. They make it much easier to file a claim and recover maximum compensation. Remember to follow this list:
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- Call the police and ask them to write a report.
- Get the contact information of the other driver and any witnesses.
- Take pictures of your car, the accident scene and your injuries.
- Consult an attorney – do not speak with insurance company representatives.
Having a doctor assess your injuries and get you appropriate treatment is the number-one thing you should do. It is critical for your health and safety. If you can also follow the remaining steps, you have a much better chance at a successful claim.
Why Hire A Hawaii Attorney?
You have the right to file your own insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit – many people attempt to. However, you are up against immensely complex processes that involves numerous minute details. One incorrect step and you might have to start over – or you might lose your chance at recovering maximum compensation. By working with an attorney from the beginning, you set yourself up for the best chance of success.
Free Consultation – Call Today
If someone caused you or a loved one serious harm in an accident, meet with us at no cost – and no obligation to hire our firm – so that we may evaluate your claim and advise you of your options. We handle all personal injury claims on a contingency basis, which means you pay nothing until we recover for you.