Where those injured in car accidents can seek support

On Behalf of | Jan 28, 2017 | Car Accidents |

Along with oceanic beauty and scenic highways, Hawaii is also home to many motor vehicle collisions every year. While some car accidents are very minor, others involve major impacts, serious vehicle damage and catastrophic injuries to one or more persons. Families suffering in the aftermaths of such accidents may reach out for support in any number of ways.

The most obvious type of help a car accident victim might need is medical care. Although rescue workers and law enforcement agents are usually on hand at an accident scene to provide aid and transport anyone in need to the nearest medical facility, some injuries are so severe that long-term medical treatment and/or physical therapy is needed for weeks, months, even years. Such care is typically expensive, which can place tremendous financial strain on those who are already suffering.

One such collision recently occurred in a Hawaii national park. There were two vehicles involved, and authorities have asked anyone who might have witnessed the crash to come forward and assist in the investigation. Each car contained only its driver. A 33-year-old man was driving one of the vehicles and was taken to the hospital for urgent care.

Sadly, the other vehicle was driven by a 65-year-old man who was unable to survive his injuries even after CPR and other emergency measures were provided at the scene. Many people who suffer the untimely deaths of loved ones in car accidents need experienced legal guidance to help them navigate the civil justice system. If an immediate family member believes another person’s negligence was responsible for a fatal collision, a wrongful death claim may be filed in court.