Paul F. Cronin
Paul F. Cronin is one of the founders of the firm, and has practiced for over forty years. He is recognized as an outstanding trial lawyer. Mr. Cronin was a naval officer and diver and is one of the leading admiralty lawyers in the country. He also has particular expertise in maritime and products liability cases. He has served on the faculty at the Hastings Center for Trial and Appellate Advocacy and has been Hawaii's representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference. Many years ago, Mr. Cronin was instrumental in initiating the firm's now frequent involvement in cases across the country and around the world, particularly in aviation, admiralty and products liability cases. He has been an officer in both the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the Hawaii Trial Lawyers Association.
Areas of Practice
- Maritime Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Hawaii, 1962
- Alaska, 1987
- Montana, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of the Northern Mariana Islands, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1962
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1976
- Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- LL.B. - 1962
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
- B.S. - 1955
- Washington Insurance Guaranty Association v. Ramsey, 922 P.2d 237, 1996, Alaska
- Forbes v. Hawaiian Tug & Barge Corp., 125 F.R.D. 505 , 1989, D. Hawaii
- Ward v. American Hawaii Cruises, Inc., 719 F.Supp. 915, 1988, D. Hawaii
- Chuska Energy Co. v. Superior Oil Co., 658 F.Supp. 867, 1987, S.D. Tex.
- Allen v. U.S., 1976 A.C.M. 2571, 1986, E.D. La.
- Sakuda v. Kyodoguimi Co. Ltd., 555 F.Supp. 371, 1983, C.D. Hawaii
- In re Pago Pago Air Crash of January 30, 1974, 419 F.Supp. 1158, 1976, C.D. Cal.
- In re Pago Pago Air Crash of January 30, 1974, 525 F. Supp. 1007, 1981, C.D. Cal.
- Takahashi v. Loomis Armored Car Service, 625 F.2d 314, 1980, Ninth Cir.
- Barron v. U.S., 473 F.Supp. 1077, 1979, Hawaii
- Barron v. U.S., 654 F.2d 644, 1981, Ninth Cir.
- Vollert v. Summa Corp., 389 F.Supp. 1348, 1975, D. Hawaii
- AVEMCO Ins. Co. v. Chung, 388 F. Supp. 142, 1975, D. Hawaii
- Saint Paul Marine Transp. Corp. v. Cerro Sales Corp., 313 F. Supp. 277, 1970, D. Hawaii
- Saint Paul Marine Transp. Corp. v. Cerro Sales Corp., 332 F.Supp. 233, 1971, D. Hawaii
- Saint Paul Marine Transp. Corp. v. Cerro Sales Corp., 505 F. 2d 1115, 1974, Ninth Cir.
- Heath v. Matson Nav. Co., 333 F. Supp. 131, 1971, D. Hawaii
- Heath v. Matson Nav. Co., 505 F.2d 1115, 1974, Ninth Cir.
- Williard v. City and County of Honolulu, 323 F.Supp. 666, 1971, D. Hawaii
Honors and Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award by Consumer Lawyers of Hawaii
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Alaska Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Chairman, Admiralty Rules Committee, 1986
- American Bar Association
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Association for Justice, Hawaii Governor, 1975 to 1976
- Hawaii Academy of Plaintiffs' Attorneys
- American College of Trial Lawyers